Friday, July 5, 2013

Highlands tour day!


Woke up early again this morning had to be up by 6 to shower and get ready before we left to make it to the meet up point by 7:45.  

Being the second day on my pain patch I never feel that great so I had to get something in my tummy before I took more meds.  It was the greatest thing ever we went in to check in and they had a coffee shop there.  They had the most yummy gluten free sandwich, and only one.left and I totally got it.  I have to say that it was the second best breakfast the while time I have been here.   

We started the tour with our tour guide Kenny who was where a kilt so I felt that was a good sign.   It was such a good tour.  From the beginning of the tour to the first stop he talked and we also had some stories that were pre recorded that we learned.  As a total history geek I will admit that it has been so great learning everything.  



The first stop we made was a potty stop so I clearly did not take pictures. This was also where we picked up bag lunches to eat at the next stop. I got the most delicious salad that i have had since being in Paris.  The second stop that we made was where my good friend the Lockness monster (Nessie) lives.  We decided to pay the extra $12.50 to go on the cruse. We bought these tickets from Kenny at our first stop because they were discounted.  We pulled up 60 seconds before the boat was due to pull out. Kenny pulled over and we all ran out to catch the boat.  It was so great! We had a lovely cruise.  We did not see Nessie but I am sure that she is there.  Kenny says she must be a women because she has tortured is for so long without showing her face.  Here are some pictures.  


Some views from the boat that we saw.  
Castle ruins.   
 
During the boat ride we all ate or lunches.  We were all so happy with them.   

After we all loaded back on to our tour bus with Kenny.  He is not happy if someone is late.  Uncle Al just made it! Haha.  We started back on the road. And saw the Harry Potter steam boat but I couldn't get a good picture.   We we t to a castle that was very close. Like so close but I didn't have time to run over and take pictures.  But I did get some inside the castle ruins.  



We learned so much about the highlands I could not even begin to tell you all about them.  We went past where Harry Potter was filmed.  They have taken down the set but it is where they filmed it.  
We went to a few look out points but Glenco was my favorite because it is the highest mountain in all of the United Kingdom.   They are called the sister mountains Hope,  .  It was an active Volcano a long time ago but no longer is.  It was incredible beautiful! Uncle Al and I are planing our next trip to hike them.  Who is in? Please say something in the comment box so that we can get an idea.  I also took some Cye jumping pictures but had Dad take them so he struggled a little.  So the pictures dad took I am doing a torjite if you look carefully and yes I did zoom in on one you can see my shoe fly off.   I guess my shoes stretched out a bit during this trip.  

Luckily a very nice women on the tour got a bunch of pictures when we were trying to capture a leap.   I am so excited to get them.   I will share them on my blog even if I am already home. Here are a few more pictures I took of beautiful Glenco.  

Love my Aunt Wendy!


This is my best bus and amazing driver Kenny! We love him!
One more shameless selfy 

Hiking buddy and amazing Uncle Al! 

After we continued on and stopped at another rest stop and food stop it was around 6 and people were getting hungry.  We stopped at The Willy Stop. Hahaha I don't even have to say something about this it is self explanatory.  But man it had a great lentils soup.

The very last stop that we stopped at was to visit the oldest living one of these type of cows.  His name is Hamish and he is 20 years old.  

Just went to dinner with Uncle Al.  Going home and going to re-pack everything for our next Ryan Air experience.  Que the scary music.... 

Night and love to all! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment