Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A little bit of this...

I started the day with a massage.  Now let me tell you that it was not one of the massage that you relax in.  This was the type of massage that the massage therapist kicks your ass.  When my dad dropped me off he came up and told the therapist all about my surgery and the pain I was having.   I feel like I am 3 again.  But I can't hate on him he is just being a good Daddy and taking card of me.  The massage therapist then tried to work on my back and shoulders but he said that it was going to be a lot of work. He said that the surgery caused a lot of trauma and damage and that I will have a lot of pain a work to do.  My homework is to ice and heat my back and shoulders. I also have to do specific exercises.   After he was done I did feel a little better.  Nick was off work this morning and was able to pick me up.  

When is got home I had to sit down a do a lot of work that I had not been able to get done before I had my surgery.   I finished 4 documents and sent them on to my co worker who is going to print them for me.  

I have gotten addicted to the show "Orange is the New Black". I started it yesterday but I have already watched a freakish amount or episodes already.  It is a very entertaining and brilliant show.   I can not believe how well written it really is.  So I watched three episodes of the show when I was done with my work. I wanted to continue but my iPad died.  

Christie came by with things for our class. She also brought our cool new coach books for class.  I am so pumped that she brought then because I can look at them tomorrow.  This way I can really understand the new way to teach the curriculum.  I am so excited!   I am so thankful that she brought it to look over.   She also gave me the low down on what is happening at school.  I am so jealous of all that they are learning and feel that I am missing so much!

Nick came home about 5 and we decided to watch "Oceans 12".  But Clark did not want to watch the movie.  

Pain level and Update:
Right now my actual surgery site hurts pretty bad.  It aches more than burns.  My neck and shoulder is currently wrapped in a heating pad.   Pirc reminded me that a doctor did say that this was going to be a hard part.   A nurse said to try icey hot and so did my mom so we are going to pick some up tomorrow. 
I hate this because I feel like I am just bitching!   But it is the truth, maybe I will just start to sugar coat it or lie.  Maybe it  be psychological and I will really start to feel perfect.  Hmm something to think about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment