Thursday, August 15, 2013

Big Day

Well I am finishing off the second week after my surgery.  I will first tell you a little about what has been happening this week.  I have been on the Pain Patch to deal with all of the pain I had been since April.  On Sunday I took the patch off for the first extended period of time.  I have not had a patch on since.  It has been a rough week, all of the pain from the surgery that I was not feel I was all of a sudden feeling.  I was also sick to my stomach.  I am not sure why, my mom says it is because my body was used to having the patch on.  Today has been the first day I have felt myself all week.   On the bright side, I have not felt any nerve pain like I was feeling before.   So that is amazing news.

Today I drove by my self (this was a big thing) to River Grove where I work to drop of my Medical Clearance. It was so great to see everyone that I worked with.  I spent nice time catching up with everyone about all that I have missed during the first week.   Although I was made fun of for my blog! Yes I know they made fun of me for saying LOVELY too much..... I was in other countries where that was being said ALL of the time.  Ok I am done and it feels LOVELY.  

Then after this I did go and pamper my self with a pedicure and a manicure.  I felt like I needed and deserved it after that.  I picked really fun colors and had a great time.  

I went to dinner with Riley and Kyle because Kyle leaves for Iowa University on Sunday.

  I can not believe that my little Kyle is going off to college.  I have watched this little boy grow up to become a handsome young man.  We of course went where we always go... Flat top and we had a yummy meal.  We all laughed and caught up on each others lives.    I would say that our relationship is more like a sibling relationship.  We make fun of each other but in the end we would each haveeach others   back if anything every happened.  When we were leaving I gave college notes.  Don't drink the jungle juice unless you want to puke.  If you have a shot make sure you drink water.  When you are playing beer pong use water so the nasty ball dose not get in your drink.  Soco and Lime is the worst shot! eww!!! Try and remember how many drinks you have had.  Eat a hamburger and or something from McDonalds when you are hungover.  A coke will always help a hangover unless you had jack and coke or rum and coke the night before.  Don't walk home alone even when you are so drunk you think it is a good idea. Wear a condom and don't get a girl pregnant unless you want me to kick your ass.  You know just the usual! It was hard to say goodbye, I felt like I was 100.  But I know that he will do great things in his first year at IOWA!   Can't wait to go to the first swim meet at Northwestern.   

Here is a picture from a summer that I was his nanny! 
This is now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment