Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Staples out: on the mend

 On Monday I got my staples out.  The nurse said that it all looks really good. The site is almost closed and is only slightly open in some spots.   Pirc has to watch and make sure that the swelling continues to go down.  The nurse also said that I will be able to go back to work on Monday.

We got a great deal more info about the surgery from the RN today.  There were evidently 2 veins, no arteries, near the nerve.  She even provided the post op notes to us.  If I read the notes correctly, it appears that there was one vein pushing on the front of the nerve and one that may have affixed itself to the back side of the nerve that they had to remove.  

So the surgery was much more than they thought it was going to be before they started it.   But it does seem like it might be a good thing do to the fact it seems that it might work more.  

Sunday was the last day on the pain patch and I have been in a lot more pain than I have been.  I think that the pain patch was covering a lot more than I thought it was.  


Well that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment