Sunday, June 16, 2013

Last day in Paris.

Today was a great last day I learned a ton about art that I did not know! Like one A. Rodin first sculpted on a smaller medium before producing the big works of art we know. 
The original thinker

The one we know.  

 Did you know he also painted.   

He painted like an impressionist, and it was very impressive.  

He had a mistress, that when he left to stay with his wife went crazy and her family had to put her in a mental hospital for 24 years.  The sculpture below depicted it.  A French women stood with my dad and I for a long time telling us the whole story.  

We went to one of the most beautiful churches I have ever been to.  But to get there we had to walk up way to many steps.  

We went to the crypts and I was totally freaked out.  We spent an hour napping on the lawn after this.   

On the way down I got to the very last step and stepped off. Below me wasa drainage   whole and my foot got caught.  I twisted my ankle so bad.  I feel like it was god punching me for making fun of girls wearing ridiculous shoes and climbing to the top.  

Hurts like bloody hell.  

For dinner we meet up with our amazing family! Had great conversation and wonderful stories as always.  I am the luckiest girl with my family! 

Tomorrow we leave our Paris apartments to go for a nice drive to Italy! 

Night for now! 





No comments:

Post a Comment